- Endorses the final draft of the ICOMOS and IFLA Principles Concerning Rural Landscape Heritage (with future minor word changes); and
- Supports the progress of the Principles as a doctrinal text at the IFLA World Council (Montreal, Canada; October 2017) and ICOMOS Triennial General Assembly (Delhi, India; November 2017).
In December 2017, the text of the Principles concerning rural landscape as heritage was finally endorsed and adopted. The document is promoted by ICOMOS-IFLA International Scientific Committee on Cultural Landscapes. It was endorsed and adopted, as a doctrinal text, by ICOMOS (19th ICOMOS General Assembly & Symposium, Delhi, India, 11th-15th December 2017). IFLA World Council adopted the Document on 20th October 2017 in Montreal (Canada).
- ICOMOS-IFLA Principles concerning rural landscape as heritage (English version)
- ICOMOS-IFLA Principes concernant les paysages ruraux comme patrimoine (French version)
- 国际古迹遗址理事会与国际景观设计师联盟关于乡村景观遗产的准则 (Chinese version)
WG on Principles’ text
WRLI WG members: Brenda Barrett, Nora Mitchell, Darwina Neal, Jill Cowley, Nancy Pollock-Ellwand (North America), Diane Menzies, Stuart Read, Jane Lennon (Asia Pacific), Pierre Marie Tricot, Willie Cummings, Betina Adams (Europe). Mabel Contin, Diana Henriquez (Latin America and Caribbean), and Raffaella Laviscio (Politecnico di Milano).
Coordinator and scientific responsibility: Lionella Scazzosi
General support: Steve Brown
French Translation: Pierre Marie Tricot, with the contribution of Stephanie de Courtois